Patricia Charles

Patricia Charles
Welcome

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Smithsonian project:: Photography Changes What We Remember

I've read almost 5 stories on the impact that photos have on us. What I've come to recognized is that photography changes what we remember. While reading : Photography changes how we access the memories necessary to function in everyday life
Jeff Sandoz
Story By
Jeff Sandoz, he mentioned that a doctor was sick and he realized that he needed some sort of help to memorize things. He began to write in his notepad and would draw pictures to help him remember , which helped him deal with his
Alzheimers'.  

This is a perfect example of the picture that I edited. This is one of my most daring friends and she deals with diabetes everyday. When I look at this picture I remember how bubbly she is and how much fun she can be. It makes me think of sick people as being fun even though they are  suffering inside. This picture reminds me of how she glows when I walk into the room to see her and as Jeff Sandoz said this was a perfect example of what made him state that Photography changes what we remember. 
A Photograph is a statement to me. It says alot, it can be misleading but at the same time it changes the way we view things. With my love of photos whenever I see a picture I tend to use my Blackberry to take a picture and try to draw it. I definatley think that out of all the articles I've read photography indeed changes what we remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment